Race Details – Polar Bear 5K
A 5,000 meter (5k) course through the gently sloping streets of Dillsburg, PA, over parts of the high school cross country course, through a tunnel, finishing at the high school stadium.
Walkers and runners of all ages and paces are welcome. Running strollers are welcome!
Race Day Registration Location
Northern Middle School
655 S Baltimore St
Dillsburg, PA 17019
The Polar Bear 5K is the same weekend as Dillsburg’s Farmer’s Fair, so please allow a little extra travel time in the morning.
Awards ceremony and prize raffle held promptly after the conclusion of the race.
Awards & Age Groups
Overall Male & Female – Pottery crock
Masters Male & Female (over 40) – Pottery crock
First place finishers in each category receive a custom made stoneware cup suitable for display. 2nd & 3rd place finishers receive gloves and head bands.
Male & Female
14 & Under
15 – 19
20 – 29
30 – 39
40 – 49
50 – 59
60 – 69
70 & Over
The race begins at Northern Elementary School (located behind Northern Middle School and Northern High School) and finishes on the track.
- Start at Northern Elementary School (located behind Northern High School & Northern Middle School), head toward Baltimore Street (Route 74).
- Turn right at traffic light on Baltimore Street heading toward Dillsburg Borough.
- Left at Butler Street (this is a small change for 2019)
- Right at Franklin Street
- Right onto Baltimore Street, heading back to Northern Schools
- Left at traffic light, turning in to Northern Middle School
- Loop around Northern Middle School
- Go through tunnel by tennis courts to other side of Baltimore Street
- Right at exit of tunnel
- Loop around Sports & Learning Center/Administration Building
- Take gravel road to back entrance of track
- Complete 1 lap on track to finish